Skip to main content

Reply to "PICS added at end. Smoked Almond Recipe"

Smoked 6 lbs of almonds tonight with more to come so we'll have plenty to send back to the Chicago folks. I used the recipe at the top of this thread except I didn't spray the garlic juice onto the almonds until the almonds were done smoking. My last batch a couple weeks ago burned quickly (so much so I wouldn't send them to anyone. Mrs. Pags eats them though. She likes them overdone), and I think the almond juice may have had something to do with it.

Here are the almonds ready to go into the smoker. Temp set at 200* with a few oz of hickory, 2 chunks.

After approximately 2 hrs, I flipped the almonds with a spatula, smoked some more till the 4 hr mark then pulled them. At this point, I sprayed them with garlic juice. Here they are all toasty and air drying (roughly 1 hour).

The pan to the far right (not pictured) turned out a bit overdone, but that's OK. That's how Mrs. Pags like them.

They turned out great. Toasty. Nice smoked flavor. Great garlic taste. Yummy. They'll even be more flavorful tomorrow. The flavors enhance overnight much like jerky. Don't know why...they just do.