Skip to main content

Reply to "PICS added at end. Smoked Almond Recipe"

Remember a couple months back when I said I was looking for a barbecue flavoring to try on the almonds. Well, I found some Barbecue Flavoring and Garlic Parmesan Flavoring used for popcorn so I ordered it online.

I had 6 lbs of almonds so I tried the garlic parmesan on 1.5 lbs and barbecue on 4.5 lbs. Here are the almonds halfway through the smoke, ready to be turned...garlic parmesan on the left, barbecue on the right. Wetting agent for both was garlic juice.

Almonds were thrown into a 225* preheated smoker for 4 hrs, pecan wood. Once they were done, I respritzed with garlic juice and added some more of the garlic parmesan and barbecue flavorings. Again, garlic juice as the wetting agent.

Let them air dry for an hour. They tasted very good...particularly the barbecue. The flavoring was very much like flavoring we find on potato chips.

That said, I find the original recipe on this thread, many of us utilize, to be better. Deeper flavor. Mrs. Pags said, "I like the worcestershire better." The way we do them, they have a great smoke flavoring with a heavy garlic accent. Cool

So experiment complete. Nice change of pace, but not our mainstay.
Last edited by pags