Skip to main content

Reply to "PICS - Johnny Trigg's Rib Technique"

@cal - You are most welcome. Something was said once by a famous bbq comp cook, Mike Scrutchfield, that even if he told someone every step he used in his cooking process, you still had to be a good cook to come up with a good end product. That is why I don't mind sharing.

@Pags - I put each rack of ribs in a piece of foil by itself. And the Parkay is just like a wave pattern, back and forth, in one continuous line down the rack. Don't get wrapped up too much of the details as the Parkey will melt within a few minutes. I use the wave pattern to try and get an even dispersal over the rack when it melts.

@Max - I don't see why you could not use the softened margarine. Heck, you could probably put the softened marg. in a squeeze bottle and use that.

Max, one thing I noticed about your finished ribs is the bits and pieces of rub on the ribs. If this for a competition, quite a few judges I know do not like a gritty feel when they bite into a rib. Including me. It makes you wonder what you are biting. Especially on ribs where you can get bone dust or bone chips from a bad butchering job.
Last edited by ribdog