Skip to main content

Reply to "PICS: Spicy Smoked Leblebi"

LOL...my nuts didn't turn out that nice(pretty). TN Q, you wasn't holding out some secret ingr. was you?

Well this was the newbie version. After making my pick of 2 cans of La Preferida 15oz Chick Peas(thats the only one they had). I brought home and washed, dried.

Now DP, this is my first question. Should I have taken off all clear husks? Not me!

Olive oil, CS chicken and rib rub, then on to a alum. baking pan with knife slices in bottom. Well I feel I can now say frog mats would have been a better choice.This may have made them dry a little uneven, oh well!

I made sure I stirred ever time I opened door.I did the times TN Q instructed, but at the end opened every 15 min after time expired.

Because of the pan mine didn't finish as even as one would want, but it did give me experience on flavor, texture of the finished product in different stages.

Soft ones had more salt and smoke flavor, I liked the crispy but not hard ones.I can't say I had any to hard. They didn't have as much of a smoke flavor.

I used 1 oz of hickory wood, next time I will try oak.

DP, have you tried greek seasoning on any or do you think to much salt flavor? How about other seasonings?

Pags you gotta try these, I've never ate anything like them before and will try again.