Skip to main content

Reply to "Pretty close to saying I am sorry I bought it.... FEPG500"

People like you are exactly what is wrong with the world today, and I sure as heck would like to use stronger language.  So you are a genius and you figured out how to use the machine but you are too special,  to share your knowledge,  A simple post of saying, these settings work for me, and I have gotten it to hold 180+/- X for this many hours using the would have helped.   I have burned up over $100 of protein on this thing with very varying results over 10 cooks so far before posting. ....   So far I have found exactly ONE Post on this forum providing settings (and those were 30 75, far from low and slow).  Swings at 400 arent great but usually the food will survive it. 

A guy posted a link above trying to help, yep, I  found and read that link a few times before he posted and did my homework googling and I posted here for help.  But he tried to help.  All of these machines have the same controller, all of them quickly get black on the inside (seasoned), and wood pellets aren't ALL that different.   I will guarantee you that when and if I get past the problems with the grill, I will post the results here.  If I get to the point where its the grill simply doesn't work,  I will post that here as well, to save other folks 2200 bucks.  I am pretty much of the mindset that the machine is a brisket / high temp unit and isnt a real smoker, as advertised.  But we will see.

To think that this model has been around 5 plus years, and no one has posted a solution or the company hasn't posted a solution or changed the controller, says alot.  Every forum on the net says the thing has temperature swings, well in my dumbness I assumed that they could be overcome, and have spent hours researching to no result to find a solution.