Skip to main content

Reply to "Prime Rib"

Thanks for the help! YET AGAIN, ANOTHER AWESOME SMOKE! Dang, if I did not want to get stuck with doing all the smoking I would make something HORRIBLE just ONCE! heheheheheh
My Prime RIB was ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! I was worried to be honest since when I opned it per the instructions after it had been smoking at 250* for 1.5 hours ( 12 mins/lb the meat was REALLY giggly (raw feeling) BUT I DID turn it down to 140 for the LONG SLOW HAUL!!!! After 4 hours or so the meat still was NOT quite up to the 125 that I was told it should be. SO, I decided to turn the smoker BACK up and I left it for an hour. When I opened the smoker.... what to my amazing eyes did appear.... 2 GOREGEOUS Prime ribs waiting to be sliced!! NOT yet, I Said as it MUST rest for an hour or two. OMG.... when I sliced it, I did not think it was going to get to make it to the display table! hahahahaha
needless to say I made a plenty and I even sent my friend home with 3 beautifully sliced piecesof prime rib for dinner another night!
I DID use apple and pecan wood as I had not gotten SmokinOkie's advice! Everyone loved it and it was cooked to perfection!!! I will NEVER order another Prime Rib again! I am running low on my choices for eating out! I AM NOT TOO SURE ABOUT THIS COOKSHACK! Razzer

Happy New Year everyone and thanks for you awesome advice!!!