Skip to main content

Reply to "Prime Rib Roast"

We just finished our Prime Rib dinner...

Oh...

My...

Gawd!

It was wonderful! I really enjoy Prime Rib, and I've cooked some good one on the gasser and in the kettle, but this one was by far the best! I've also tried Prime Rib in a lot of restaurants, and this one was much better than every restaurant except our favorite place for Prime Rib, Skip's Other Place in New Buffalo, Michigan.

Anyway, on to the PR... The chunk I used as just under 6 pounds. I seasoned it yesterday per Stuart's recipe and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I pulled it from the fridge at 11:00AM and preheated the Cookshack. I put the PR in at noon along with a small chunk of white oak (about an ounce), three large garlic cloves and four sprigs of fresh rosemary in the firebox. I cooked it at 250 until the internal temp was 130 (about three hours) and then I turned the CS down to 140 degrees and held it there until 6:30pm (3 1/2 ours).

The PR was just beautiful on the outside, with a gorgeous brown color. Inside, it was medium rare all the way through. I sliced off the bones, and then sliced it for us to eat. I am soooo full! We have half of the roast left for later in the week!

Here's some pics...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/rclewen/album?.dir=/8600&...tok=phlHEdCB6880z8_9