Skip to main content

Reply to "quality of BBQ on cookshack vs traditional log burning offset?"

Welcome to the forum.

Many Cookshack owners, including myself, began with stick burners. Nothing wrong with 'em. I started out with a $100 Brinkman, which turned out great BBQ despite the fact that it's not a very air tight smoker and required a LOT of fire tending.

About 10 years ago I came across the CS web site and purchased a Smokette 009 electric smoker. I fell in love with it for the fact that the end product was consistently excellent, and my days and nights of tending coals every 45 minutes were over with. I have since replaced the Smokette with the Americue 045 which provides the means to load up meat, insert a probe, cook to a desired temp and then hold it at 140o.

I use a FEC100 pellet smoker at my restaurant and it too provides consistent quality with a minimum of muss and fuss.

Read through the various forums and one of the common threads you'll come across is how consistent these CS smokers are.

Question: are you a backyard smoker? Comp cook? Vendor? The answer will help us steer you in the right direction.