Skip to main content

Reply to "quality of BBQ on cookshack vs traditional log burning offset?"

Colorado,

I have the AmeriQue and the FEC100, I like both but since I got the FEC100 I have not used my AmeriQue very much. As the others have said, you can have as much or as little smoke as you want in the CS electrics (you CAN oversmoke with it if you use too much wood). Typically you only need 2-4 oz of your choice of wood(s). As a matter of fact once the cooker is seasoned well, you can "smoke" something like fish with no wood in the wood box and have a delicate smoke flavored product just from the the seasoned smoker. The electric CS have a very moist cooking environment for brisket and PB. Cookshacks are pretty much put your product in and forget for several hours before you start checking doneness. Get a good remote thermometer (Mavrick 732) and check the temps from your easy chair.

I love my AmeriQue but I love my FEC even more!!

If you check out the forum, almost all CS owners become passionate supporters of CS Smokers due to them being a GREAT piece of equipment and having great support. The people on the forum are a FANTASTIC bunch willing to help others and share information and recipes.

BTW, I got a chuckle from your comment:
quote:
No disrespect, but I do not want to hear from those of you that have never smoked meat before.

I think this was the wrong place for that one, 'cause ALL of the folks here are "meat" smokers...... Big Grin
Last edited by mike4258