Skip to main content

Reply to "quality of BBQ on cookshack vs traditional log burning offset?"

Well,looks like I take a weekend off and miss a whole thread that all the other fine cooks have covered well.

Without nitpickin' small comments,I'll tag onto a couple.I'm no expert,but like Smokin' I've cooked on traditional CS about a decade and a half and the FE s since before Eddy was makin' official FEC s.

No expert on cooks,but have had the good fortune to cook with Rodney some and John and Trish Trigg,as well as beside them -while competing against them.

There could be other reasons for different cookers.

Rod needs the seven GC s a year, as automatic qualifier for the Jack, and travels end to end of the nation for Team of the Year points.
Hooking the Jambo ,which is a real old one,onto his pickup and making 2,000 mile roundtrips ,costs a lot less and is a lot faster each week than a full cook/sleep trailer with multiple cookers.

Since we started talking about "big meats",I'd take my electric CS to a comp in a heartbeat-even tho I get plenty of sleep with the FEC.
Plus, it would serve as a great holding unit for the big meats,instead of hauling cambros.

They won't allow them at most contests-yet.

You'l love the AQ,just like most stickburners when they get away from them.

In case I forgot,yes I have smoked meats for a few decades. Big Grin