Skip to main content

Reply to "Record High Beef Prices"

I've been waiting for Brisket to 'drop', but I'm done holding my breath. With spring, we're doing our cost adjustments over the next few weeks. Only item remaining at current menu pricing is chicken - that's still been OK for me. I'm blown away at seeing my ground chuck increasing 50 cents/pound.
Rick

quote:
Originally posted by bigwheel:
quote:
Originally posted by MaxQ:
It's the worst of all worlds for restaurant owners. I've been holding menu prices for the past 4 years to cope with the economic slowdown. The past two months have produced increased beef (and just about everything else) prices, on an almost weekly basis.

The seasoned vets will get through this by and large but already slim profit margins are now stripped to break even. I've pretty much decided to pack it in if things remain the same in D.C. come 2016.

Beef prices, as high as they are, are only the tip of the iceberg.

Hear you on that action. Old chum who runs a Q joint say its fixing to get crazy. About two weeks ago he was paying 2.78 for CAB briskets..no telling what it is now. The menu prices have to rise too..is the only thing that could possibly work. Pork got cheap for a while now it is headed out of sight too. Guess we will have to start eating turkey necks.