Skip to main content

Reply to "Reverse sear"

quote:
Originally posted by Nordy:
Regardless of how things have are now defined... there are 4 (or 5) distinct cooking zones...

Nordy

From what I remember, we named them that here in the forum, not CS, so I guess we created our own confusion. I too was like you, but if you do a temp mapping the difference between the upper left and upper right zone 2 isn't that much, even over the flames (they don't reach that high).

I knew this would come up once I posted them, but I'm just going by the owners/manufacturers of the grill. FYI, CS has defined the zones that are as described above, not me and I was confused as well when I saw what we talked about here and what they called the 4 zones, that's why I asked for clarification and they defined them.

While you may not use Zone 4, it's there for many to use (and it's not something on any other grill, so it can be something good for marketing). Many time to go smoke some cheese.

Shoot, I don't use Zone two, like ever myself.

CS defined these zones, head over to http://www.pelletcooker.com/grilling-tips-tricks/ for the details.

I'm just the messenger, you know where they are Nordy, drive down there and give him your 2 cents. LOL Big Grin