Skip to main content

Reply to "Ribeye Roast"

Coming right up SmokinOkie; First off it turned out to be a 4.5 lb. standing rib roast. 3 bones were hidden under the packaging. The lable read "rib eye roast" That's why when given a choice I"ll go with cryovaced meat. It was CAB though. Rubbed it down as indicated in the above post. Decided to proceed with caution so I cut a 3/4 oz. chunk of pecan - didn't want to over do it. Peeled 4 garlic cloves and added to the wood box. Put the roast bone side down on the center rack. Big end staring me in the face. Temp. probe exact center pushed half way through. On @ 1pm - 250deg. tic toc tic toc 3:45pm internal @ 127deg. Removed & set on foil, reinserted temp. probe in exact same location. Wrapped in foil - wrapped in a big fluffy cannon towel - put her in the cooler for a rest. Within a half hour internal temp. went from 127 to 134 and stayed there for another half hour. The rest pretty much goes as Tony's pictures show. (BTW Tony, good idea!!) Saute'd bell peppers and onions, grilled Kaiser rolls, mozzarella cheese, mayo, horseradish sauce. WOW. Summary: Fine fine food...the results exceeded my exspectations by about 10 miles then some. Next time I,m going to add a few more garlic cloves to the wood box. Thanks to all you folks who participate in the CS forum cuz eating good is living good. Safe holidays to all.