Skip to main content

Reply to "Sauce and Rub Exchange Summer 2014!"

Shtrdave - Yes, the box was from me....sorry for signing the card in such a sloppy fashion! Glad to hear that you aren't familiar with any of the contents. If you're ever in Seattle, you must check out one or two of Tom Douglas's restaurants. By no means are they barbecue joints - but he is a magician with rubs and sauces. As I wrote in my note - he is a local food celebrity who does a lot of great charity work too!

AndyJ - Please accept my apologies for not posting sooner...though I tried a couple of times and ran into upload issues as my picture was too large and it wiped out my post. I received your incredible box a few days before I left to take a group of Cub Scouts to summer camp - it was my son's first summer camp experience! Needless to say, it nearly killed me to leave town for nearly a week instead of staying home to play with all the goodies you sent me (none of which I know!). Honestly, I was like a kid on Christmas morning opening up my box. My wife may think I'm crazy....but she never complains as she's feasting on my latest smoke-scapade Wink

Details on my box from AndyJ:

- Smoque BBQ Sauce Original ("One of the better local joints" - AndyJ)
- Smoque BBQ Sauce Spicy
- Chicago q Original Sauce (Owned by Competition PitMaster, Lee Ann Whippen)
- Chicago q Spicy Sauce
- 17th Street Barbecue Sauce (Owned by Champion BBQ competitor Mike Mills)
- Porkmofia Texas Gold Rub ("local guy who has been producing rubs for a while & also a BBQ competitor" - AndyJ)
- Porkmofia Memphis Mud ("one of my new favorite rubs for rubs, good on chicken too." - AndyJ)
- Chicago q Original Blend
- Big Poppa Smokers MONEY Rub (winner of multiple competitions including the 2012 American Royal & 2012 Jack Daniels)
- Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow ("I love that stuff on beef." - AndyJ)

First impressions:
1) In his note, AndyJ practically apologized for having to repackage a few of the rubs that are only available in bulk. Simply stated - based upon the labels and professionally installed freshness seals (which I'm certain that you have to have a license to install) AndyJ included with his "repackaged" goods I am definitely out of my league!
2) Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow is incredible by itself. This is the stuff that fairies dream of one day using as magic pixie dust. I CANNOT WAIT TO USE IT THIS WEEKEND!

Thanks to all - especially those who have gone before...sharing so much and coordinating an incredible website and exchange!

Smokin'O

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Smokin'O_BBQ_Exchange_-_Small_Pic