Skip to main content

Reply to "Sausage stuffer"

Well having just made 15 pounds of dry salami type and grinding and stuffing it with my KitchenAid, I am in the market for a stuffer also. The grinding was not the big of a deal, but the stuffing took hours and the triceps in my arms were sore for 3-4 days.

With the excellent advice in the first two posts I looked at the F Dick and I agree that is the way to go, if you are going to be making a lot of sausage.

However, I am not in that place at this time and I am thinking of getting a 5lb model from Grizzly Tools. I figure the price is right and I can experiment until I have the bucks to get a good stuffer. Model H6252 is only $59.95 plus $8.95 shipping @ www.grizzly.com. For some reason my brouser won't open the site without the www. I have one of their bandsaws and I am quite happy with it, especially the finish quality (made in Taiwan). but I haven't used it that much. Most of their branded stuff is imported but it is not the same kind of finish that you find with made in China junk that a lot of places sell. I haven't seen the sausage stuffer but considering the Sausage Maker ones of about the same size and 5x the money I think I wll give it a shot for a while and also the F Dick is 10X$.

The other one I was thinking about is Dakotah Sausage Stuffer, its $150 and is water powered. If it works it might be really slick, no cranks to turn etc. www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com Has anyone had any experience with one of these??? Confused