Skip to main content

Reply to "shredded beef and pork recipes"

I pooched the smoke and the recipe. I got the chuck roast in the marinade, and into the fridge for an overnight rest. I went out, and prepped the smoker, set the temp. but didn't hit the start button. Got the meat out and onto a rack, closed the door and came back in the house. 2 hours later, I discover I forgot to start the smoker. I had things all prepped to get the rest of it done. I did use half of the cumin called for in the recipe, used Anaheim peppers in place of the bell pepper, and added some peppers in adobo sauce to the mix. I tried to get things done for dinner, but it just wasn't happening. I had my wife taste it. I let her adjust the seasonings. She said it has way to much bite, and way too much cumin. I put everything in the fridge overnight. The next day I got the meat in the smoker, and started working on cutting the bite and cumin. 1 teaspoon of sugar, and juice from a lime brought the heat way down. 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg helped the cumin. We scrambled the machaca with some eggs, and served with flour tortillas. It wasn't too bad. I have 2 other machaca recipes that I will try later on.