Skip to main content

Reply to "SM025 / SM045 - does anyone have a chart of the cabinet temperature during a cook?"

The unit was finally delivered.  No damage to the box. The packaging is great. My  complements CookShack.  I put the casters on and attached the control box. Easy. Now it was time to plug it and 'season' the unit.  I followed the instructions. Put a chunk of wood in, turn the unit on to 275, wait four hours - yep, I can do that.  Problem was it tripped the 20 amp CFI breaker time and again. I then put the unit on my garden trailer, got on my lawn tractor and towed it over to my shop where I have 50 amp lines.  Worked with out issue.  After four hours I turned it off and let it cool off.  I then did another four hours at 300 degrees to see if it would cause the breaker to trip. It did not.

The next morning I took the unit back to bbq patio and plugged it in. No problems. What!? Turns out this is very common and caused by humitity in the unit.  What do you do if you do not have a line with out the breaker? Thank goodness I do.  I emailed CookShack asking about this and they confirmed the issue was common and due to humitity.  Had me a little worried for short while.

I still have not cooked on the unit.  That will be this Saturday.  Looking forward to that!