Skip to main content

Reply to "SM066 in my basement"

quote:
Originally posted by seahunt202:
I ordered an sm066 and haven't received it yet. I live in Ct. so winters can be crappy. I'm going to be smoking all year long. I'm thinking about setting up the smoker in my basement using a small vent hood with a small fan venting outside. I don't know how smokey smelling this is going to make the basement. My wife does the laundry down there and she will let me know I screwed up if it smells too smokey, but I'm thinking about the nice 68deg. climate all year long down there, and I don't have to go out in the cold in the winter to smoke. From your experiance on how smokey they get, do you think this is a bad move putting it in the basement?

I used a set-up just like this set-up RichH came up with for three years and loved it.

http://archeryproshop.com/smoker/index.htm

Ever since I moved from Maine to Florida it is too humid to keep my CS in a shed...inside of the shed gets moldy. so I've ordered a SS CS stand/cabinet and will be changing my set-up as soon as it arrives.

I smoked in Maine year round and you really don't have to add much, if any, time to your cook for the cold weather.

You can get the shed at Sears for about 100 bucks.