Skip to main content

Reply to "Smoked Almonds"

I smoke almonds quite a bit and have had success with this recipe:

4 lbs Almond
6 TB Worcestershire sauce
2 TB granulated garlic
2 tsp salt or sea salt

In a large bowl and using a large serving spoon, mix the almonds with the sauce until completely coated. Add garlic, mix till evenly covered. Add salt, mix till evenly coated. Lay almonds in a single layer on cookie sheets. Once layered on the cookie sheets, I sprinkle on some more garlic (only if you like it heavier) and a little more salt.

My cookie sheets fit into the Elite's slots or set on grills. Smoke at 225* for 3-4 hrs depending on how toasted you would like the almonds. I turn the almonds half way through the smoke. I go longer on the smoke to get them real toasty.

I found the almonds fall through the grills so you're going to have to use the cookie sheets. Big Grin

I'm smoking the garlic almonds quite often. Never out of stock on them. They have great health benefits, and I snack on them a lot. Most of the time I tend to go lighter on the salt. I've sent batches to family in Chicago and have given them to friends. They love them, and I'm always getting requests.

If you prefer another taste, you could substitute ground dried chipotle powder, barbecue powder, celery salt or anything you can think of for the garlic.

Hope you enjoy.
Last edited by pags