Skip to main content

Reply to "Smoked Vegetable Gazpacho"

we live at gatton, qld. named qlqs salad bowl. i do the farmers markets in brisbane. jan powers markets. once a week she rents a cricket field or park in the middle of brisbane. all stalls are food orientated; farmers, hobby farmers, food entrepreners, germans snags (hot) fresh seafood, strawberrys dipped in chocklate (fresh) award winning brie, cammenbert cheeses from goats and cows, smoked trout (me) organic stone ground bread, organic beef pork chooks, pates dips, soups, tapinades, jams, etc,etc,etc, as well as all the vege stalls. no bric-a-brac. no furniture ,cloths etc. just up market food. she charges us $120 per stall. get there 6am, finnish 12am. sunday one week, saturday the next. there are buskers, music, clown acts, town clowns.... its a busy , bright , colourful day.
i sell trout. and trout pate. i have sold smoked veges. people love them but i didn't have a cryovac to give them a long enough shelf life. now i do. that is why im suddenly , desperately, trying to learn to smoke chooks etc, so i can sell at the markets. trout ive done on a large scale. chooks ive done with nitrates. mussells ive nearly down pat. veges are easy.
im just a bush cook. mum had pubs and did the cooking sometimes, i guess i learned some things. but a chef im not.