Skip to main content

Reply to "Smokin Okies Vinegar Mop for Pulled Pork"

Hey, thanks for the kind words, but I do this cause I love "Q" and I learn as much as I give.

Thanks to Cookshack for the new forum, I'm just an instigator...

For freshly pulled pork, how much sauce is really going to depend on your personal taste. I can see your point about taking a ton of sauce because some people will want to really taste it. Others will not want as much. Still others won't want any at all.

Now you see why I recommend keeping good notes. You're doing the right thing. I'd measure an amount of pork, figure out how much sauce (uh, I don't weigh my sauce in pounds like you did, I use cups)

As far as the sauce for pulled pork for later eating. The way I do it is after I've pulled and eaten my fill, I take one pound piles, put them in FoodSaver bags and add about 1/2cup per pound. I let it sit for about 15 min 'cause the pork will just suck this juice right up.

Then I seal it and freeze it.

When I need pulled pork, I take a 1 pound pack out of the freezer, throw it in boiling water and it comes out just like new. I've tried other methods, but this, for us, is the best.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Smokin Okie
It's done when it's done
Cookshack BBQ Guide Page