Skip to main content

Reply to "Smoking in Australia"

Ah, controversy, don't we just love it.

Hey not many yanks know anything about eucalyptus (much less even spell it). All we know is that everything we buy has it in it for the aroma.

The forum is about education, so educate. Maybe some people didn't know the oil came from the leaves.

Got a good laugh:

quote:
i wouldn't think of smearing meat with apple or fruit if fruit trees were suggested to me.
Actually I smear meat with fruit all the time. Helps me win contests, so don't knock it. Natural fruits and sugars make some wonderful sauces and bastes. Compotes, jellies, jams, etc all made from the fruit of a fruit tree. Sounds silly to rub this on meat?

And appreciate a copied list of varieties, but it really doesn't help at all, what's the purpose of the list, if certain ones are good for smoking, educate us and let us know more. If you're wanting to export it and have us try it, you need to do some research and offer some actually experiences and it would help. A copied list doesn't.

And let's keep the post on point, not get personal, RULES OF THE FORUM. If you want to get personal, take it off line.

You friendly neighborhood moderator.

Smokin'