Skip to main content

Reply to "Sweet Baby Ray's Sauce"

Nah Pags!, I thought this would get some comments thou. Funny how everyone calls this KC sauce, when it is really from Chicago...lol! I hadn't even heard of this sauce until a few years ago, my stupid buddy Tim, said it was the best. Just goes to show how smart he is? It seems that REAL KC sauce has a hickory smoke tone, yes sweet, but has some black pepper to it.

Yes, I got a chance to steal some of Daivd's(Butchers) leftovers last weekend...Thanks again Dave!

Until I started judging comps, I had never heard of Blues Hog, but their original sauce would fall into this category and everyone I've shared with thought it was a NICE sauce...probably too sweet for some thou.

Did a contest in Springfield a couple years ago that Cattleman's sponsored. I was given some of the Mississippi Honey sauce, that is a nice sweet sauce, I just add some black pepper to the rub!

Oh Tom is right, when they screw up the product/meat, everyone piles the sauce on and sometimes they get the PREFECT table, oh well, ya know it is like glue on overcooked meat!
Last edited by cal 2