Skip to main content

Reply to "weather cover"

All great comments. thank you.

So from what I gather don't get freaked out about moisture affecting the controls and make a rig set up as personal as the BBQ your cranking out.

I was initially thinking along the lines of rolling out on the driveway since that is what I've done in the past with my other grills.... but seeing all the cool ideas on the "show us your setup" topic I'm starting to rethink.

It appears relatively simple to come up with a relatively inexpensive "outdoor" cooking area that can protect from the elements. I've got a walk out ranch and a lower level patio underneath the deck just begging for a redneck BBQ set up. I could even incorporate it all together to protect the other grills moving them out of the garage to a knew Redneck Haven.

I'm picturing some budget friendly corrugated steel roofing panels around some framing underneath the deck steps. I'm thinking the look of the corrugated steel screams BBQ. (not sure the wife will share my vision...but since she doesn't cook she can't say too much how I want my kitchen to look right?)

From other postings I'll also call in some favors from electrician friends for some lighting.

I can't wait to lay it out.