Skip to main content

Reply to "What is the best grill for around $100"

Mine sits about 8 feet away from my smokette, so you and I are thinking along the same lines. It has more than enough room to grill for 4 people. It has worked great for me, and after sitting outside for about 5 years, it still looks new. The finish on these things is very nice.

FWIW, I chose the Weber because at the time of it's purchase it had the highest BTU/per square in of grill area of any grill I could find under $500. I was trying to minimize my sense that gas grills don't usually get hot enough. The little Weber gets plenty hot for most of my needs.

Note they have several different sizes, some with side shelves and some without. Mine is the lowest model, small w/o shelves.

I haven't had trouble with squirrels, but I would suggest getting the 20# tank adapter. I like mine so much that I also bought a Weber cover for it so it looks like I'm on the Weber cooking team. Lowes has the cover for about $10.

I also have a 2 burner high pressure camp stove on the table with the grill. So I can fry or fix other things as the mood strikes me. While I love to grill, I also like to blacken steaks and fish on a cast iron plate heated to near sun temps on the camp stove.