Skip to main content

Reply to "What smokers does Famous Dave's BBQ use?"

Well RN,

I just got done watching the video. I have to say I was a little dissapointed. He does give his recipe for A bbq sauce, but I don't think that it is actually his sauce that he uses in the restaurant. He also give A rub recipe, but I don't think it is the rub recipe he uses in the restaurant either. He also uses just a normal Weber kettle to cook his ribs. I think overall I was dissapointed because he doesn't mention anything about how he does them in the restaurant as far as the smoking and real prep procedures. It also contradicts the video I found on youtube from his company, in which they are using an Amerique. I think I might just ask the local manager for a tour of the kitchen. Then I can get some one on one time with which piece of equipment they use and their methods...lol

I really want to try to duplicate these at home. I already have his rub and sauce, which would make more sense as to what he would use at all of his restaurants. They probably just throw his rub and and let them sit a few hours or even overnight, and then just smoke them the next day and use his rich and sassy sauce, which all comes in bulk. This is just a guess.

Here is the video on youtube that I found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79-3lRD4IQ8