Skip to main content

Reply to "White Chocolate Ice Cream"

Chocolate Ice Cream

This is adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Recipe so give them the credit. I did modify it a little. It is very rich and I guarantee you will like it if you like chocolate. Do not over whip your heavy cream it will become too creamy in the recipe and if you really over do the whipping it will turn to butter and you will get chunks in your mix.

1 tsp. Instant coffee or espresso powder
1 TBS hot water
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chopped
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp vanilla extract (I use a vanilla bean scrapped)
Pinch salt
1 ¼ cups heavy cream

Combine coffee (or espresso) powder and hot water in small bowl. Let stand until coffee dissolves, about 5 minutes. Microwave chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and coffee mixture in bowl, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in vanilla and salt. Let cool.
With electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream to soft peaks, about 2 minutes. Whisk one-third of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture until incorporated. Freeze in your ice cream maker container until firm. Freeze in your freezer to firm it up. I think it is best if kept frozen for a day or two before you serve if you can wait that long.