Reply to "wood not burning"

Nothing like experience Smokin. I called Cookshack Friday and talked to Tony. I wasn't getting much smoke especially on lower temperatures. At times it would hardly char. Tested various temperatures for an hour at a time from 160* and in 10* increments. Didn't even get minor discoloration on the wood until 200*, and minor charring at 225*

After going through all the checks that we've discussed on this forum, we determined my wood probably isn't seasoned enough. That's really was what I thought before the call, but wanted to talk to Cookshack for confirmation. I left the wood in the plastic bags it came in tied shut, and little droplets of moisture had formed inside the bags. Took them out of the bags on Friday.

I guess that will teach me to go online and buy special smoking, culinary, heart of wood. If you check prices on wood precut to smoking size, then you'll see Cookshack has the best prices on it, which you and Tom have stated. Live and learn. And, I guess I have to admit it, I couldn't tell the difference between the culinary delight and just plain ole wood (this is for Tom).