Skip to main content

Reply to "Wood not really burning/smoking"

For me, the "this ain't working like I thought it would" was in part due to the directions and expectations in the manual that CS sends with it. For myself I am talking about the Smokette Essential.

Imagine, if you can, the angst created when the directions say "Place 4oz of wood..."Set temp to 200*F. Let the Smokette smoke"

And you do... and nothing happens. No smoke - not a whisp.

Ask me how I know

Here's what I suggest to CS. Amend the directions that come with the smoker. By now they should know that more than a few folks don't get smoke at 200* when they first try. If the manual (on the same page as the seasoning directions)shared some info on 'what to do if it doesn't smoke as described" I would think that would eliminate most of the new buyer jitters concerning making smoke.

Even a "Seasoning a Smokette 020/025 101" on the forum with CS tech suggestions/tips for seasoning and creating smoke for the first time might go a long way to improving expectations/experience amongst first time users

I'm just saying... cause the 020 smoker can produce smokey miracle meals .. ask me how I know

But there's things it doesn't do - that I assumed it would - and later came to view as not a big deal.

So.. maybe rework the seasoning directions just a bit to help a new user get off to a better start... before he thinks he has a problem... and maybe he'll begin to understand that Tom has a point... I think Big Grin
Last edited by Former Member