Skip to main content

Reply to "Your favorite rubs"

Like my team mate Ribdog,Bonesmokers has been with us since cooking with drbbq and Fast Eddy. Sometimes it is difficult to buy except in larger packages-but worth the effort..

CS next door neighbor,Head Country also has an all around rub that may have won as much as anybody on the circuit.

CS Brisket Rub has won more than most folks will ever imagine and I also like it.

Smokin' Guns Hot is another fallback all around rub that many comp cooks have stuck with for years and I like it.

Obie Cue's Sweet and heat is used in many,many flavor layers for comp cooks that I like.Their Garlic Pepper,Wooster powder,Sweet Rub,and TX Spice all have some applications.

Williams rib Tickler is an add on to your main rub that I like.

Not a rub,but as an initial application,Smokin's Brines are used by a great amount of yardbird comp cooks.Most Lemon Peppers,also.

We don't mention flavored salts,but it would be very unusual not to find large bottles of Lawry's seasoned salt in most comp camps

Good granulated garlic,good fresh med. ground pepper,good gran. onion ,kosher salt,or Lawry's mixed.Many cooks say if you can cook correctly,this is hard to beat.

Sugar in the Raw mixed with most of these.

Like being in Smokin's spice room of a 100,or so,I have bought way too many and now try not to.

Hope this does confuse the issue,too much.

Most are parts of flavor layers and tweaking .