Skip to main content

Anyone else have this problem?

The hinges on my woodbox seem to have corroded or got gunked up (are they stainless?) so that the box won't close completely. When I slide it over the heating element, I have to push the lid down by hand and make sure the small ledge on the back wall holds it down.

It doesn't close completely and interferes with the lower rack up by the door.

Anyone had to deal with this? What did you do?

Thanks.

BTW -- It's a minor problem. Have loved my smoker for the years I've had it. Have ribs in it now.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I spoke with Bill in customer service.

They've not heard of the problem.

I'm sending the wood box to them -- they'll figure out what went wrong.

Cookschack has some of the best customer service around.

How great to make a call, not get caught in a recorded telephone circle, talk with a real human being who knows his product and isn't just reading from a manual, and who makes a personal commitment to take care of the problem. I love my Cookshack -- the high quality service is a real bonus.
I've been on the road and am just getting back to deal with all of this.

Bill sent another woodbox. When I compared the two, I realized that the hinges on the original were not aligned correctly (or in the same manner as the hinges on the original). I'm sending the original back to Bill so that he can see it.

He was sincerely concerned, responded quickly, fixed the problem, all with a minimum of effort from me.

I always say you judge a company not by whether it makes a mistake but, rather, but what it does with the mistakes it makes.

Cookshack jumped on this one.

I have always loved my Cookshack. Now I love the company too.

sjh
Does anyone know if they redesigned ro anything, Mine has been the way he OP is describing for years and it seems to be getting worse, I have a hard time opening mine it almost seems like it is going to bend ro break something before it opens. I foil the top of the box all the time.

Just curious to see if there is a fix for it I did wire wheel it a while back but that only lasted for one or two smokes.
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Dan:
While I'm still new to the "Cookshack Club", I run my grates an the wood box through the dishwasher after every smoke -- good idea?

Capt Dan. Do a search on racks. (oh, and start a new thread when you can since this is a different question) Depending on which racks you have (the standard are I believe nickel) washing it every time will wearing the plating off. I just knock off the chunks and consider the rest "seasoning.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.