Skip to main content

started the seasoning process on my new 009 at 5am this morning. There isn't any wind this morning so the smoke is just ahnging thhe house and a littlle hs leaked in to the house. When my wife wakses up there will be hell to pay. H ave find some kind of table today and locate the 009 away from the housr. Going to the grocer this afternoon for chicke and veggies and on the way back stop at SAM" and see what they have. My grandson iis going to COSCO and oick me uo 2-3 U.S
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Something happened and my computer shut dwn. Following is last line corrected.

My grandson is going to COSCO and pick up 2-3 US Choice briskets for me.Im not a member so this saves me membership cost, I belong to SAM's. Going to try some chicken this evening and maybe a small pork butt tonight. Have a nice weekend.
Heck, when she registers the connection between the awesome food and the smell of smoke.. it'll become like a new household scent that she'll want to bottle.. Big Grin

Seriously, I just keep the doors/windows on that side of the house closed and it pretty well works.. but I still get some of that delightful smell inside when I bring in the cook.. now, that's grinnin'
My smoke story can beat your smoke story:

Years ago, I tried my first smoke on a small stickburner from New Bruanfels.

I cranked it up and decided to go for a walk while it heated. When I got back, the house was surrounded by fire engines. They had responded to an alarm at my address.

What had happened was this. We have a small (8"x8") pet door with a flap in a rear window for our critters to come and go. The wind must have carried enough smoke past that flap to set off the basement detector.

I was really embarrassed. All the firemen said was that I had one heck of a smoke detector and that I owed them a couple of racks of ribs: which they got Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.