Skip to main content

My smoker after many years of great tasting eats, has died on me. My last smoke the temp controlor stuck in the on position and melted the wire going into the back of the unit. Thank goodness I was home and no damage to garage or other property as the circut breaker shut things down before any further damage could be done.
The cause was the plastic housing on the rear of the Jumo controler was busted and cracked. However I am not sure what caused this.
Now I am at the point where I am trying to decide whether I should upgrade it to a new Jumo digital controler or should stay with the old Bulb and Cappillary style controler.
Knowing that my warranty is way past due I not concerned with voiding my warranty as I have none.
Has anyone out there upgraded there old controler with a new digital controler? I thought about updating it to the new AQ controler, however I am not intrested in running the unit lights out any more in my garage.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You didn't say which CS model.

Not sure you can retrofit the smoker with the new controllers, certainly not the newest units.

Don't know anything about the Jumo controller.

I don't know about the plastic contoller box, call CS and discuss it with them.

One thing I don't think people realize, is that CS stands behind many things, even after the warranty runs out. Not every time, but most times they'll help you out some way.

Another benefit of having a Customer Service that answers the phones and WANTS to help.
What a great question. Why wouldn't the new electronic unit be mountable on the 55? Yes you would have some drilling but it sure seems like it would sit on top.

I just bought some thermocouples from Thermoworks and am considering building an op amp that I can boost the output of them to attach them to my computer for read out and control. I am tired of the cheap unit probes failing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.