Skip to main content

When I first received my Cookshack FEC 100 back in late 2010, I went thru the 80 pounds that came with it and half-a dozen or so other bags of various brands before I realized I was either going to have to go bulk or go broke.

So I shopped around and finally ordered a half-ton from Ms. Candy at BBQ delight. Yesterday, me and my youngest son made 621 mile round trip to Pineville Arkansas and picked up our second half-ton, this time all in pecan.

We got to spend some time with Ms. Candy, a true BBQ champion. She is a very gracious lady. And BBQ delight is a wonderful company. In fact, BBQ Delight and Cookshack actually donated gifts for the troops at our US Army Chaplain School BBQ Cook-off back in 2012.

Any way, it was a great day and we have plenty of pellets now tucked in my special cabinet in our finished basement.

By the way, If you do the math at ¾ pound an hour (and probally more like ½ pound an hour the way I smoke), the previous 1500 pounds allowed me to smoke nearly 1900 hours. That is 79 days straight without a break or 11 weeks straight. That’s a lot of runtime. I can’t see my old Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse holding up to that kind of use. I wish I would have kept a meat log of all the product I’ve ran thru the FEC. I know I’ve done over 250 racks of ribs, 1000 pounds of pork-butt, 80 briskets,500 pounds of Jerky; smoked 550 pounds of home-cured bacon and lots of chicken, sausage, burgers, dogs etc, etc. And unless I miss my guess, I’ll probably get plenty of responses that assure me that my FEC is just getting broken in and has years of service remaining. What a machine, thanks Cookshack & Fast Eddy.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've tried several brands and still come back to cookshack pellets. It is very nice to see the cookshack team out on the circuit cooking on cookshack equipment and not on a converted Jambo. That says to me that the pellet cooker manufacturers must not have competitive equipment. And I damn sure have a different opinion than that.

Just sayin

my $0.02

Coach
My goodness, what hostility on such a friendly forum. 1) I wanted pecan, and cookshack didn't have any. 2) If BBQ Delight (or any other company) wants to make pellets and not smokers, then that's their business, and it is still America last time I looked. 3) I'd almost bet that cookshack does not manufacture their own pellets. So what's the big difference between using someone else's smoker with your own pellets and using someone else's pellets with your smoker?

Heck, their sister company (in the same building) even makes horse bedding pellets and, last time I looked, they don't manufacture horses and their employee parking lot was full of automobiles, indicating that no worker rode a horse to work to demonstrate faith in their company's product. Big Grin

I'm just sayin'
Last edited by chaplainbill
You're right, that was blunt, not hostile. My apologies. I just wanted everyone to know, that While I may drive a Japanese-made truck, I'm still American. And while I may use another brand of pellets, I'm loyal to Cookshack. Heck, I even use their brisket rub.

No meanness intended.

By the way, the truck is a 2005 Tacoma prerunner, not a tundra. I wish I had one, but then again, mine is a 4-cyl and gets great (22) on gas, even when hauling pellets.
quote:
Originally posted by bigwheel:
I aint into pellet poopers..but love my Tundra. lol

I gotta lotta buds with the Tundras and they love em! Personally, I have a Duramax cuz I hafta pull more than a half ton can handle. Smiler

Just curious. Since your not into pellet poopers BW....what model of Cookshack do you have and how is it doin for ya?
Sad to report we have not yet been blessed with adding one of them fine cooking apparatus's to the arsenal...so guess there is no need to attempt responding to the second part of the inquiry as to how it is performing. On the bright side I am firmly dedicated to cooking with electricity and own two off branded El Cheapo models. Ain't bought no nasty old charcoal in years and ain't missed it a bit. Maybe can snag s CS when the monthlies on the Toyoter abate themselves in the not too distant future. I sure do want one.
Last edited by bigwheel

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.