Skip to main content

I saw this article going through my morning ritual of reading the news on msn.com. So I thought I'd post it for folks to review.

No endorsement on my part. Don't even know how qualified the author is. But during your travels you may want to visit one of the places to find out for yourself how good it is. I'm sure some of you will recognize some of these.

18 Best Barbecue Joints in America
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bigwheel:
Thanks for the link. Guess I have been unfortunate in never finding any store bought bbq as good as what I make at home. My grandkids can make better bbq than 99.44% of them places which does it for living. lol.

That's because you never ate at my place. Ahahah. Sorry, couldn't help it - but I actually agree with you. I've eaten some horrible BBQ out, some of the absoluite worst has been in Texas.
Rick
Agree with what folks here have to say for the most part.

I think a lot of that has to do with cook time vs guests available for serving. We home cookers prepare our meat to one specific serve time whereas restaurants prepare their food and hold throughout the day in most cases. That is, unless the operation is like Franklins turning out tons of food where holdtime is minimal.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.