Skip to main content

Well folks. It seems like it's time for another Rub and Sauce exchange! The format is simple. Sign up here by posting your interest and replying to this thread. By signing up you agree to send $25 minimum in rubs and sauces of your choice to your assigned member by the ship date. In return you will receive a shipment. This is our 3rd exchange, and previous exchanges have been a huge hit. This is a lot of fun, and you will get to try product you may never have tried. It gets a little crazy at times. People have been known to send furniture as extras. Join up! New members are encouraged to join! Here are the deadlines.
by, December 1st- Submit your name.
by, December 16th- Ship your product!

When you submit your name, please send me a private message with your shipping address. I will confirm your entry with a reply.

Sometime around December 1st you will have your recipient. Please ship your product by December 16th.

Please communicate with me by private message if there are any delays with your shipment or if you have any questions.

BBQ Karma is in play. The minimum is $25. Extras are encouraged but not required. Past members have sent smoked almonds, T-shirts, Koozies, craft beer, home made jerky, etc. Have fun with it.

Take pictures of what you receive and post them to this thread. We love seeing what people send.

It's a good opportunity to send your secret recipe. Get critiqued. Or send that regional rub or sauce from your local joint!

Enjoy! Let's have some fun!

Here is a list of participants: (you get a smiley face for sending me your address)

SmilerDakotaSmoke
SmilerWilber
SmilerAndyJ
SmilerJoe M
SmilerCal
SmilerMaxQ
SmilerPadrefan98
SmilerGil
SmilerCook One
SmilerQNorth
Smilerpapasmurph
Smilerbubbasz1
SmilerSmoke Em If Ya Got Em
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by PadreFan:
BBQ Karma is in play. The minimum is $25. Extras are encouraged but not required. Past members have sent smoked almonds, T-shirts, Koozies, craft beer, home made jerky, etc. Have fun with it.

I got a lot of junk,oops, treasures that I've collected on the BBQ trail this year. Someone is gonna get some goodies in with their rubs and sauces. Smiler

For all the new members, this is an excellent way to get a sample of quality rubs and sauces from a different part of the country. It's all about fun, so no pressure on the exchange.
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
quote:
Originally posted by PadreFan:

I got a lot of junk,oops, treasures that I've collected on the BBQ trail this year. Someone is gonna get some goodies in with their rubs and sauces. Smiler

For all the new members, this is an excellent way to get a sample of quality rubs and sauces from a different part of the country. It's all about fun, so no pressure on the exchange.

Cal is being modest! Along with the "junk" (which is cool stuff you can't buy), you will likely get some valuable nuggets of sage advice (BBQ SECRETS! Wink ).
The rub goes fast, but the tips last a lifetime!
Just sayin'
Joe M
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
Count me in! Dibs on COOK ONE! Wink

Hard to believe more have not signed up for this. This really is a good way to try things from different parts of the country. I hear some of the exchange items will even make OK. BBQ taste good??

That's just downright mean to talk about Oklahoma BBq like that! HA!
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
Sign ups are now closed! We have 13 participants. I will start working on the assignments, and have them to you with the address by the end of the day.

Have fun! And remember to ship by December 16th. Please let me know if there are any issues.

I think you left yourself out Padrefan. Looks like the # is 14! Wink
Everyone should have their 2013 recipients. Please check your in box. Remember to mail by December 16th or let me know if their is a delay.

Awards this year will be handed out for-

Best box (given to sender)
Best bonus item (given to sender)
First to Ship
Most patient! (Last to receive)

Awards this year may be tangible this year. I am working on something to send to the winners.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.