Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, fellas, I hit the jackpot with a smorgasbord of fine items from none other than Mr T.

Home smoked thick cut bacon, homemade jelly, pickled eggs, homemade Mr T BBQ sauce, smoked sockeye salmon, Montana huckleberry syrup, Sassafras tea, and some 9 year aged smoked cheddar cheese!

Can't wait to break some of this stuff out during the Final Four!

Thanks Mr T for a fine box, it is incredible, and I will really enjoy sampling it.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_6943
quote:
Originally posted by Soleman:
Well, fellas, I hit the jackpot with a smorgasbord of fine items from none other than Mr T.

Home smoked thick cut bacon, homemade jelly, pickled eggs, homemade Mr T BBQ sauce, smoked sockeye salmon, Montana huckleberry syrup, Sassafras tea, and some 9 year aged smoked cheddar cheese!

Can't wait to break some of this stuff out during the Final Four!

Thanks Mr T for a fine box, it is incredible, and I will really enjoy sampling it.

I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did putting it together.

Mr.T
Received a package from Joe M last night. It was bullet proof, bomb proof, but couldn't withstand the finger test. I opened a few of the bottles and tasted. MY buds are watering just thinking about the flavors. Thank you Joe. I can't wait to try everything.

The interesting coincidence is that my son was sworn into the Army yesterday and his boot camp is in Fort Jackson South Carolina. I get to introduce him to some sauces before he leaves!

quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
I have some filet's thawing in the fridge now. Going to try both Santa Maria and Carne Crosta on them separately.

Let us know what you think. When you have time, take a look @ OAKRIDGEBBQ web site. Not only do they make great rubs but they also donate 10% of their profits to charity. If you search the web you can even find discounts/sales.
So for dinner tonight, my family dined on some wonderful smoked bacon made by Mr T, cooked sous vide. Interesting, I had never heard of it. But the thick sliced bacon is in a vacuum sealed bag, placed in water at 145 deg for 8 hours. Then removed and quickly grilled on a hot skillet. Excellent fare!

This was paired with some pancakes topped with huckleberry syrup from Trout Creek Montana, again courtesy of Mr T.

Last night for the Final 4 games (go Zags!), my friends and family dined on 8 year old aged smoked cheddar along with crackers and smoked sockeye salmon, again courtesy of Mr T.

Also made some baby back ribs and beef back ribs. The sauce was Mr T's secret recipe sauce. Again wonderful!

So thanks Mr T, we would have starved this weekend without you!

Everything was wonderful, made with care and precision!

Gotta love the exchange...

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_6951
Baseball opening day so I decided to put a rack of ribs in the PG-500. Thanks to Joe M for something new to try. I rubbed the ribs with the package titled "Slabs Pork". I couldn't find this on the Oakridge BBq site. So maybe it's from somewhere else.

I set the smoker for 235 and let these rip for 4.5 hours. Game time. Go Padres!

Delicious! The rub was savory with a good amount of saltiness and tang. I coated the ribs with the Pee Dee River Swamp sauce and let them set for 15 minutes. The tang and spice from the sauce really made the ribs pop. This was true flavor explosion. I found me a sauce I really like. The Carolina's do it right!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.