Skip to main content

Just wanted to start a major thread today for people this week to tell CS what you really think.

I've been associated with them since 1998 when I volunteered to run their BBQ forum. Since then, I've met everyone in the company and can say that the success of the company is 100% based upon great people, doing a fantastic job and making a product(s) they love.

Congrats CS.

Tell us your favorite CS story
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Smokin':
Tell us your favorite CS story

I'll go 1st!,

2 yrs ago at the American Royal, I had a chance to meet Fast Eddy and Stuart in person for the 1st time on the last day of the event. I'm sure you comp cooks know how it is after a back to back cook and wanting to get broke down for the journey home?

Well Eddy talked with Sonja and me for 15-20 minutes, while Stuart was busy doing odd and end stuff. Then we visited for 15 minutes or so, talking about smoking and comps. I told him that I was hoping to do a few comps in the future, but didn't even have a pellet smoker. I then told him that I was working on wearing out an SM020, he chuckled and looked me in the eyes and said" if you can wear that smoker out, I'll personally replace it". I knew right then, that the smoker must be designed to last a lifetime.

Well as we walked back to the car, I asked Sonja what she thought of Stuart. Her remarks was, "he sure looks young"...well I took that opportunity to tell her that is what comp cooking does to a person...LOL!

When I got home, I sent a e-mail to both Eddy and Stuart thanking them for their time, because I understood how they must have been exhausted from the event. Both of them took time to e-mail me back and thanked me for stopping by and visiting. In fact, Stuart made a point to ask if he was short on the visit time and apologized if he was.

I knew right there that the leadership at CS was top notch, just like their products. I have yet to meet any workers that haven't followed that lead.
Many thanks to everyone at Cookshack for all you do to provide such a topnotch product!! I attended the class they have last December and can't tell you what a great class it is and how fantastic everyone who are associated with Cookshack. Everything is first class.

My favorite Cookshack storie is last Christmas when a fedex truck backed down our driveway and unloaded an FEC100 that my wife had bought for me without my knowledge. I absolutely love it and have to say she sure suprised me and guess I will keep her around after 33 years. Smoked and awesome brisket on it just yesterday. It is foolproof every time!!
Again congrats to everyone at Cookshack and thanks again for what you do for all of us who use your products!!
It was hard to spend the bucks on a CS as opposed to other smokers out there, but there is a joy and satifaction in using someting that is well made and someting that the manufacturer steadfastly stands behind and supports.

And this forum, provided by Cookshack, is populated with talented, experienced cooks that are generous with their time and hard-learned techniques.

So not only do CS owners own a great product with great support, they have an opportunity to learn how to make the best use of their product from others who use the product.

My CS and this forum are an almost daily part of my life and I thank you for all for role in that.
My best Cookshack moment came just two weeks ago. I had family and friends over for a Crawfish boil. My Dad soon the turn 83, I asked him what he wanted to eat on his birthday. He thought for a bit and a smile came to his face. I'd like to have another smoked Prim Rib like you did for X-mass. Words can not explain how that made me feel.

If not for this product and forum members I would have never tried to cook a Prim Rib let alone serve it to my faimly.

I've had this smoker less then a year and have turned out meals that most folks wish they could get at a BBQ joint. Help right here on this forum makes that happen.

In this globle world we live in it's nice to know that made in the USA still stands for something. No regrets here.

Thanks again to Cookshack and this Forum for the smile you made for my Dad and me.
I am a raving fan of Cookshack. I use 2 SM150s in my food trailer 5 days a week. The compliments that my wife and I receive daily validates the consistency of product this equipment produces. I also have a FEC100 and a 36 inch Charbroiler. I will continue to sing the praises of Cookshack every day because their equipment and their people are genuinely top shelf.
quote:
Originally posted by S & H:
My best Cookshack moment came just two weeks ago. I had family and friends over for a Crawfish boil. My Dad soon the turn 83, I asked him what he wanted to eat on his birthday. He thought for a bit and a smile came to his face. I'd like to have another smoked Prim Rib like you did for X-mass. Words can not explain how that made me feel.

That's really neat S & H. It doesn't get any better than that.
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
quote:

Always the best compliment is when Dad's want you to cook
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
quote:

Great story! I agree with Pags.
It's amazing that a chance conversation with my brothers father in law would have me purchasing a Cookshack 2 months later. I took a recomendation from a man I didn't know. He was enthusiastic about the product and I wanted to know more about it. I came to this forum and a few days later placed my order.

To cookshack: I hope you already know this, but this is the best forum on the web. I am envolved in a few, but none of them have members as nice as they do here. Members that are willing to help, share, and teach about your product and the product you can create. Happy 50th!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.