Skip to main content

Mike Trump has graciously posted the update to his BBQ Caterer's Spreadsheet.

Hopefully this might be of interest to some.

I finally got around to updating my BBQ Catering Spreadsheet. Until it gets officially hosted on the AZ BBQ Assoc. website, my brother has agreed to host it on his site for now... Just click the link below to begin the short download. Holler with any questions.

Mike Trump
Oakridge BBQ
email - OarkrdgeBBQ at hotmail dot com

BBQ Catering v3.0

http://thetrumpster.dyndns.org/mt2008/BBQ_Catering_Workbook_v3.xls
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Luke,

Who did you email? If you meant you emails the contact Tom mentioned, Mike Trump, you'll need to contact him. He's not the same mike that posted the info.

The spreadsheet doesn't belong to any of the above forum members, Mike is referencing someone else who's not on the forum.
quote:
Originally posted by LukeAndrews:
I have recently emailed you about your spreadsheet as I am from the Uk and am using your BBQ spreadsheet for my research I would really appreciate and email back please

Sorry for the communication mix-up, Luke. Please try emailing me your question at this email address -> mike@oakridgebbq.com or if it's easier, just post it here.

Thanks!
Mike Trump, CEO
Oakridge BBQ LLC
www.oakridgebbq.com
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Luke,

Who did you email? If you meant you emails the contact Tom mentioned, Mike Trump, you'll need to contact him. He's not the same mike that posted the info.

The spreadsheet doesn't belong to any of the above forum members, Mike is referencing someone else who's not on the forum.

the spreadsheet actually belongs to me... Wink

Mike Trump aka kcmike
quote:
Originally posted by MartinCrony:
Kcmike link provided by you for metric measurements is not working properly. Can you provide another?

vpn

Sorry about that, Martin. I'm having file hosting problems. Shoot me an email and I'll just send it to you directly. email addy = mikexxatxxoakridgebbqdotcom (remove the xx's and put the at's and dot in the right place...)

Sorry about the trouble,
Mike
Hi Mike,
I am new to the board and I am interested in the catering business along with events. I can't seem to find your spreadsheet anywhere. Is it still available?

Thanks,
John

quote:
Originally posted by kcmike:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Luke,

the spreadsheet actually belongs to me... Wink

Mike Trump aka kcmike
nice spreadsheet. If ya want to edit it to personalize for your use it is password protected, which is a good thing so ya don't accidentally screw up the structure and calculations. If you do want to personalize this one the password is "AABABBBBBBA]" without the quotes of course. Be sure to password protect after any edits but you don't have to enter a password; just password protect and leave the pw blank.
One question. The 2 worksheets I have say for 60 people, one meat, says 40 pounds of raw pork butts...this one says 30.5 pounds. Both 1/3 servings. SoEzzy's Catering Planner is one of the worksheets and the other is labeled BBQ Catering Workbook.
If I use the one posted here will I have enough pulled pork? If I use the other will I have to much?
you might check the 'Average Percent Meat Retained' amount on each as a comparison. The BBQ WB is preset to 64%, which some may think is a bit high. Check that number in the 2 spreadsheets. Also is there an difference in the serving size of the 2 spreadsheets, as the BBQ WB states 5 oz. when serving a single meat as you state.
For 60 people I would plan on using the 40 lb figure. I ran the numbers through the same BBQ Catering Workbook with same results. The problem I see is the workbook is set to achieve 65% meat retention after cooking. I ususlly get around 55%, so with a lower yield I'd need more than 30.5 lbs. The retention numbers can be changed to match your normal yields.
Sorry I'm so late in responding...

The spreadsheets links are in fact dead now. My brother was hosting them for me and he lost his hosting account. I've tried hosting them on Google Docs, but it doesn't allow protected workbooks.

So, from now on just email me directly and I'll be happy to send you a copy. My email address is mike at oakridgebbq dot com.

Regarding the questions about the differences in figures between my spreadsheet and SoEzzy's... the spreadsheets are the same internally because he stole my proprietary code years ago and developed his own spreadsheet based directly off mine. However, he is using a different default meat retention figure, which creates a difference in raw meat calculations.

Anyone using my spreadsheet should FIRST review the meat retention values and adjust them to fit THEIR own cooking results. You can easily plug in one override value at the top of the spreadsheet. When you don't do this, you may receive inaccurate results for your cooking style.

Please feel free to holler with any other questions!

Thanks!
Mike
Oakridge BBQ LLC
http://www.oakridgebbq.com

email: mike at oakridgebbq dot com
Hello everyone! First post on here. I've been hosting the files that Mike Trump has made available for everyone to use and I've had to change hosting companies. So, some of you have noticed that the download links for the BBQ Catering Workbook, etc. haven't been working. Well, I'm happy to say I've got the files back up and available for you to download again. The new links are below. Thanks for your patience!

BBQ Catering Workbook v3: http://bit.ly/M1befW

BBQ Catering Workbook v3 (Metric): http://bit.ly/N4exnJ

--

Brad Trump
Kansas City, MO
Nice spreadsheets Brad

Any idea how many fried potato wedges are needed per 100 people?

I am doing a series of fund raisers for a group over the next few months with the first one being next week

The menu will be loin backs, baked beans, fried potato wedges, and cookies or cake for desert

In the planning stages this project started out small, but it seems to have grown legs and taken on a life of its own. I’m beginning to wonder if I bit off more than I can chew
quote:
Originally posted by Chef-Boy-Arnie:
Nice spreadsheets Brad

Any idea how many fried potato wedges are needed per 100 people?

I am doing a series of fund raisers for a group over the next few months with the first one being next week

The menu will be loin backs, baked beans, fried potato wedges, and cookies or cake for desert

In the planning stages this project started out small, but it seems to have grown legs and taken on a life of its own. I’m beginning to wonder if I bit off more than I can chew

Thanks! (They're actually my spreadsheets... I created them and my brother Brad is hosting them)

You're going to need quite a few potatoes. Plan on 1/4 to 1/3 cup per person. Not sure how much that equates to in pounds, so you'll need to figure that out before you purchase them.

Good luck!
Mike

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.