Skip to main content

Today, I began by smoking four pounds of salmon in my Smokette. A little over two hours with alder wood at 225 degrees.

I gave it a one hour rest, switched to hickory wood, and did three slabs of ribs. Four hours at 225 degrees.

And now there is a 7 pound pork butt in the Smokette. My last pork butt took 19 hours to come up to 190 degrees internal temperature. I am doing this one with a combo of apple and hickory wood at 225 degrees (for now). I will probably kick it up a little when I hit the "165 degree plateau".

The butt should be ready to pull early tomorrow afternoon. I am going to pull the pork, top with a little Carolina Coleslaw, and take it to my neighbors for dinner tomorrow night.

Good eatin' in the neighborhood!!!

Love my Cookshack. If I have another beer, I might just order the 055!!!

David in OP, Kansas
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Are you going to take the time to eat any of that impressive production? Wow! And I thought I kept my 009 busy with 1-2 batches per week! I smoked a 7 pound butt today with a combination of hickory and apple and it took 20 hours to get to 192. I then double wrapped it in foil, then a towel and placed it in a cooler. Our guests arrived 90 minutes later and they said it was the best pork they had ever eaten. It was good! I used Head Country seasoning for my rub and served the pulled pork with fresh buns and my favorite Head Country sauce.
Dave, You go boy! Just keep that Smokette a smokin'.

I did 9 Whitebass yesterday about a pound each. 2.8 oz apple for the smoke. We fish Lake Erie alot for Walleye and invariably pick up 4-5 Whitebass which aren't very good fresh, but are very good smoked. My partners are always willing to give me their bass as they know they'll get a couple back after they're smoked.

I'm using an 008 and love it.

Jim...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.