Skip to main content

I purchased and seasoned my model 008 on Thursday. I am now about 45 minutes into my first smoke. I noticed that about 30 minutes into seasoning process and the cooking process today the smoker send plumes of smoke about 10 feet into the air intermittently like a coal fired locomotive. Secondly, there is a small amount of smoke coming out around the door occassionally. Is this normal?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thank you for the responses, and yes it is nice not to have to baby sit a wood/charcoal smoker. Put a couple of good size slabs of beef ribs on at three this afternoon and took the wife and kids to a movie. Just checked them after about 5 hours, and I think I'll give them another hour. Keeping my fingers crossed on my maiden voyage with the 008.
my 008 had a problem with the temp controller..it would start heating up when it was plugged in but the thermostat was turned to the off position. i called cookshack and they sent me a new thermostat controller and it works fine now...i guess me rolling it around some messed up the controller. i now leave it in one location and avoid rolling it around...thanks cookshack!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.