Skip to main content

Well, I did my 2nd smoke on my Cookshack Elite today. 24 chicken wings(tips cut off) seasoned with Cookshack's chicken rub. Set the smoker at 225* for 1 1/2 hours, opened the smoker to let out some heat and held it at 140* for 45 minutes(my wife went shopping). Did put them in the broiler for a few minutes to firm up the skin a bit. They were delicious, plump, and tender.

While I didn't have doubts about my purchase after spending much time reading messages on this forum, I must admit things are better than I anticipated and certainly better than my previous water smokers. We have a well known barbecue restaurant here in Roseville, CA, and I must admit that my two initial endeavors turned out better Q's. The Cookshack is everything people have promised. Good stuff and easy. I've got a Viking for steaks and now the Elite for Q's. My annual spring barbecue should be a real hit for my friends.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the help and insight.

Pags
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

After many years tending offset stick burners and turning out some mighty fine BBQ I might add, my brother took the plunge and bought a Cookshack smoker after coming out from Colorado and sampling what I've made in my Cookshack. He says he feels a little guilty when people rave about what he cooks because it is almost too easy especially compared to the stick burners. I told him to keep that little secret to himself and bask in the praise. Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.