Skip to main content

So, people have asked, here's what we did last weekend.

Did corn on the FE Pellet Grill:

Did Veggies and Steaks on the FE Charbroiler.

Initially I just ran the one side for the veggies (burner 3). One thing, the HANDLE of the basket sure gets HOT

Potatoes:

Bought a whole Ribeye, cut up the steaks. NOte the SMOKE, that's from the CB:

End result, look at those grill marks. the cast iron grates work perfectly.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I didn't weigh them, I'll try to start. Just had a lot going on, lots of people. Like I've mentioned, "testing" stuff like that will happen in the fall, just too much fun in the summer.

I know people want to know, it's just trying to remember "reporting" when I'm tossing beers back and cooking... Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
I didn't weigh them, I'll try to start. Just had a lot going on, lots of people. Like I've mentioned, "testing" stuff like that will happen in the fall, just too much fun in the summer.

I know people want to know, it's just trying to remember "reporting" when I'm tossing beers back and cooking... Big Grin

Thanks, I appreciate your knowledge
Noticed Smokin's June 07,2011 post.
God too has blessed me with a PG1000 and a 24" Charbroiler. Been using the Charbroiler now for approx 3 months. Man that thing puts out a lot of heat. Noticed a little smoke which indicated to me a low setting. Did you use just one burner on low for your steaks also? Also did you leave your cover/hood open or closed? Been experimenting a lot, taking notes as instructed.

I've been doing reverse sear on my steaks utilizing both the PG (for smoking) and the CB (on high for nice char). Been getting awesome results. My friends really love me now! Smiler
SO-

I am seriously considering purchasing a CB for outdoor use. I noticed that yours was kept outdoors also.

Can you comment on your experience with using the CB in the rain, or even storing it outside in the elements? Does the water leak into the pellet box? Have you done anything special to keep it sealed? Is yours under a cover or roof?

Thanks.
Soak in water for one hour. Some people try to take the silk off first, but we just throw them in water as is. Put PG on about 300 or so. Put the corn on the right side (zone 4) and let go until cooked. Typically 45 min or so. I rotate the corn every 15 min (turn topside down) as well as move the corn closest to the first away.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.