Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am pretty up to speed on the fec100. I have two of them, and I have two Lang 84's. I am going to be in a restricted situation for a fairly long time and I can't bare the thought of having nothing to smoke with. I am thinking about an 025, but I know nothing about it. I was wondering if it will cook as well as the fec100. I realize it won't hold as much meat, but I do want to to do at least 2 butts at a time withthe sam quality. There are so many products out there.
Now that sounds like a fine KCBS CBJ talking, and I agree. Nothing worst then having the smoke as the main profile on a product.

JRL....I had seen in your profile that you were a FEC owner, so that's why I used that comparison. The biggest difference between the finished products will be the bark. If you wrap with foil during your cook, you probably won't be able to tell any difference, but if you cook the whole time without foil, you will get a darker blackish color on the smokette and not as much drying effect as the FEC.

Personally, I used around 6 ozs of wood on the smokette and like the finished, pulled pork product better. It's the outside texture on ribs and chicken that you will notice the largest difference in. They will be more moist instead of a dry bark.

As far as the smoke flavor, the smokette is better.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.