Skip to main content

I just purchased the CS SM025 Smokette Elite (first time smoker!), and the Owner's Manual says to keep the unit indoors when not in use. Is it okay to store the smoker covered, outdoors, under an awning when not in use? Or does it really need to be stored indoors (away from temperature changes and humidity)? Does storage outdoors damage the electronics?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If you use the find function and look up storage or something to that effect, you will see that a lot of folks cover and leave outside in the elements.

I see you have already been reading alot on the forum because you have been registered since June. I was the total opposite, I jumped in feet first, then found this wonderful forum.

Oh, I leave my 025 outside on my deck with CS cover on it, but not under anything. It is covered with a light dusting of snow right now.

Have fun and I wouldn't worry about putting it under something if it is a matter of convenience. You wouldn't want to hinder your urge to use it Big Grin
4 cats. Yes A/C and Heat. Two story (there is a platform for them to sleep on in front of each window).

They have their own fenced backyard.

Security light is pointed at my own shed and it has motion sensor pointed at the back gate.

Had to move them outside, they were just causing allergies in a lot of my friends.

But I have to take care of my cats. One of them (lost his brother last year) is my therapy cat. It was a gift to me after the Oklahoma City Bombing (he and his brother were born that week) where I worked on-scene Operations Commander of a Recovery team from the Air Force. Blue has always been there for me. How could I NOT take care of him.

So, no more cat cooking jokes, you've been warned with Banishment Red Face
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
4 cats. Yes A/C and Heat. Two story (there is a platform for them to sleep on in front of each window).

They have their own fenced backyard.

Security light is pointed at my own shed and it has motion sensor pointed at the back gate.

Had to move them outside, they were just causing allergies in a lot of my friends.

But I have to take care of my cats. One of them (lost his brother last year) is my therapy cat. It was a gift to me after the Oklahoma City Bombing (he and his brother were born that week) where I worked on-scene Operations Commander of a Recovery team from the Air Force. Blue has always been there for me. How could I NOT take care of him.

So, no more cat cooking jokes, you've been warned with Banishment Red Face

Thank you for your service!
Smokin' we have SEVEN cats that live inside, and 3 or 4 outside ones we feed. I got one I've had since 1997, she'll be 15 in early April.

We live on an acre of wooded land they love living outside.... I used to go to High School in Illinois with Paul Harvey's kid... He lived in River Forest, I lived in Oak Park, OPRF High, think he graduated in '65.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.