Skip to main content

So I picked up some lamb breast the other day, it was on sale so I figured why not. Opened it up and it's a strange looking piece of meat. A search on the forum lead to a post that said it's not like lamb ribs and that it's very fatty.

Well, it does have ribs and yep, very fatty looking. Some of the ribs have hardly any meat on them. I'm thinking rub it and go low and slow for maybe 4 hours or so at 250? Maybe apple or peach wood?

Anyone have any ideas?
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
So I picked up some lamb breast the other day, it was on sale so I figured why not. Opened it up and it's a strange looking piece of meat. A search on the forum lead to a post that said it's not like lamb ribs and that it's very fatty.

Well, it does have ribs and yep, very fatty looking. Some of the ribs have hardly any meat on them. I'm thinking rub it and go low and slow for maybe 4 hours or so at 250? Maybe apple or peach wood?

Anyone have any ideas?

I tried them once. Used hickory. Very tasty, but too much fat. Won't try them again.
Wow, a whole bunch of fat! A lot rendered out, but still VERY fatty. Rubbed with some Oak Ridge Competition Beef & Pork Rub, threw it in the fridge for about 4 hours then added a layer of Oak Ridge Habanero Death Dust. Into the smoker with 2.5oz of peach. 180 for about an hour then 275 for another 3 hours. Decided to do the toothpick test for doneness. The thick side was still a bit chewey with a big layer of fat running through it.

All in all, OK, but not something I'd go out of my way to make again.

Last edited by andyj

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.