Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Look forward to meeting you BearHar. By tips and tricks I was thinking about previous attendees who in retrospect would have wished they asked certain questions, or gone down certain lines of enquiry.

On the way up from Dallas, I am going to try and get to Butcher BBQ Stand in Wellston on the Sat night before they close; I bet they inject the brisket Big Grin
Last edited by longwayfromhome
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
Try and stop into the Cattleman's Steakhouse in Oklahoma City. An iconic steakhouse that has been there for years. Heard it gets great reviews, but I personally haven't been there yet. How long are you going to be in the states?

Thanks Andy

If I can't make the Wellston BBQ stand, then I am going to follow your suggestion - Cattleman's - for Saturday night dinner.

I'll be in the US 6 days. 3 will be spent at the class (S/M/T), then coming back out I aim to be in Dallas on the Wed night (Pecan Lodge for dinner) and then out through Houston (have organised a long layover so I can try Killen's in Pearland). I did the Austin Grand BBQ tour last year which was tremendous, absolutely fantastic - 9 locations in 2 days - OMG.

Any suggestions you have Oklahoma City to Dallas? As I noted, I will probably be trying the Pecan Lodge Wed night, but I do have most of Wednesday to do the 5 hour drive down from Ponca City to Dallas.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.