Skip to main content

I got this from an estate. I've noticed two things; the temp setting dial is way off. I need to set it to about 150 to get a wide, IMHO, temperature swing of 185-250. A brisket I cooked yesterday got rave reviews but took far longer than I expected. I'm wondering if it is the amount of time the cooker spends below 225. 

Is that swing normal? The previous owner had it at the edge of her covered deck in Florida, so it got a ton of rain from hurricanes and that everyday Florida rain. I also need to order two additional racks for it. The support section doesn't have a manual for it either. I guess it is too old to be supported.

Original Post

The temp swings are ok...  I have a 55 and it’s not that ‘old’.   For example, if I set mine to 225, it may swing from 185 to 265 but the average is usually close to 225 and once I discovered that, I never worried about it.  I assume your 150 is not a typo so that’s not correct.  One thing to check would be the temp probe which is on the back side of the cook chamber.  Make sure it is clean and you never put your product up against it.  Other than that, I’d call Cookshack for help.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.