Skip to main content

Of course price is an issue, as with anything.  I was trying to decide between the Smokette Original Model SM009-2 Electric Smoker or the Smokette Elite Model SM025 Electric Smoker.  The 14 X 14 size on the original would be a problem. because I cook a lot of ribs and don't like to cut the rack.  Any tips about buying one of these would be welcome.  Any incite would be great.

Thanks 

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

The 25, 45, and 066 all have the same size racks - 14" deep, 18" wide.  Ribs go in sideways.  You may have to angle them just a tad. But without cutting you can not place them lengthwise front to rear.  When I was shopping for a smoker years ago, I took a small tape measure to the store; looked foolish.  But that is what I did. Bought the 66 for the extra shelf capacity.

I agree with oldsarge - the 18 in. rack in my AQ (SM066) is a convenience well worth the money (to me, you may decide differently). I'm not sure how many cooking racks the SM-025 you are considering has, but I easily get 2 large meaty racks of loin backs on each rack, and no need to cut or even rotate them (although I do flip them halfway through - just my choice).

Last edited by jay1924

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.