Skip to main content

New unit used twice today powered on to a bunch of what looks like error codes but couldn't find a list to see what it could be.

I guessed the auger was stuck so emptied the pellets but didn't see anything so completely removed the auger from the bottom and turned it back on to the same error.

Appreciate any ideas what to try next.

Attachments

Images (4)
  • IMG_20190602_152212
  • IMG_20190602_152214
  • IMG_20190602_152213
  • IMG_20190602_152215
Last edited by Jamey1010
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

electrotech posted:

The grL is the program code and it is normal. The Err is typically caused from a probe connection. I would check and make sure that the probe has yellow to positive and red to neg and both wires are secure. If that does not fix the issue give Cookshack a call.

Thanks for your help.

I looked and everything is secure, checked the control board and everything looks normal there too.

Too bad Cookshack doesn't publish the error codes ....

I'm not going to work on a brand new unit farther than what I've done already the place I purchased it from is just going to exchange it.

Last edited by Jamey1010
Jamey1010 posted:
electrotech posted:

The grL is the program code and it is normal. The Err is typically caused from a probe connection. I would check and make sure that the probe has yellow to positive and red to neg and both wires are secure. If that does not fix the issue give Cookshack a call.

Thanks for your help.

I looked and everything is secure, checked the control board and everything looks normal there too.

I'm not going to work on a brand new unit farther than what I've done already the place I purchased it from is just going to exchange it.

Tony/electrotech is a CS employee, pretty sure you'll get him on the phone if you just call...……..

cal 2 posted:
Jamey1010 posted:
electrotech posted:

Thanks for your help.

Tony/electrotech is a CS employee, pretty sure you'll get him on the phone if you just call...……..

Thanks for the info, I'm already back up and running with a replacement.

My vendor was great with a replacement and hauled off the old one.

jay1924 posted:

Just curious - is your replacement a CS or another brand?

Exact same, another PG500. I love it so far and I think the old my have had a rough shipping experience even though it worked flawless last weekend for an 18 hour brisket which I didn't even move the grill after. It had a couple dents in the top even when it showed up wrapped, strapped and palleted. 

Little bit of a curve from what I was using, I did a rotation of a WSM and SM045.

I'm in the north so too cold to use the WSM all year and the SM045 is super consistent but you can't crank it up to sear or crisp anything, really think the design is great on this one, I did tour a mak 2 and yodi 640

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.